This is me.

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States
I dump all of my excess thoughts here; Things that, for whatever reason, didn't merit actually being spoken.
This is undistilled cerebral bile, written without much concern for who reads it or what they take away from it.
This isn't for you to read; This is for me to write. Enjoy at your own risk.

Friday, December 24, 2010

A Hotel Room Christmas

So with how often I work at Cheesecake, my parents are in San Francisco for the next few days to celebrate the holidays. We're staying at this pretty nice hotel downtown, and my mom has basically moved a car full of decorations and accouterments from home and has been cheerfully decorating this room for the last 40 minutes.

I don't mean like, a few things -- she brought candles, all these old decorations from when I was a kid, her coffee machine, really nice plates/glasses/silverware, the champagne flutes I got her last year, her iPod dock... even the stockings that, I kid you not, we have used since I was 5. It makes me happy that she went to all the trouble, just to make it feel like home. This could seriously not have come at a better time. The last few months have left me utterly worn out, physically and emotionally. It's nice to have that feeling of "home" again; I haven't had that since shortly after I left the Balboa apartment.

Anyway, gotta go. Wine and cheese calls, then a dinner shift. Happy holidays, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment