2010: A Year in Review
EDIT -- I wrote this huge thing, and it was 75% about my ex. I realize that I've been using this blog primarily to vent about Cat. It's not intentional, it's just what's been on my mind lately. I didn't start this thing to whine, and it's certainly not the reason I'm going to continue using it. The ordeal of our relationship, in its entirety, has had more of an effect on me than I could have ever imagined -- but it's time to stop being wistful and nostalgic. She, and we, are done. Prrrobably permanently. I fucked up major, and while she's been a saint about it I know that I've worn out my welcome in her life, at least for now. I don't know the future holds, but at the moment I can't see anything beyond the most rudimentary of friendships between us. It's truly creepy to me, how perfectly she mirrors how I was at 21. I couldn't see it at first, and it's made a lot of things make a LOT of sense.
On THAT note, I'm moving on. In a week, that chapter of my life will be closed. Where things go from there? Only time will tell. The 2010 Review will have to wait until I can be a little more objective.
Til then? Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

No comments:
Post a Comment