This is me.

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States
I dump all of my excess thoughts here; Things that, for whatever reason, didn't merit actually being spoken.
This is undistilled cerebral bile, written without much concern for who reads it or what they take away from it.
This isn't for you to read; This is for me to write. Enjoy at your own risk.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Trapped

I think I've officially hit my quarter-life crisis. I feel like I've run out of time. I'm well past my due date for a lot of things. I always thought I'd be out of school and married by now.

So much for that, on both counts.

Maybe I'm just in a funk. The world seems very oppressive and alien to me lately -- I know what I want, but the means to get there seem insurmountable, and I've been paralyzed by pathetic nostalgia. I was so happy, and so blind. How do people deal with this shit? I've tried to consume myself with work; It just makes me tired, and turns my home into a disgusting hovel. I don't have the time, space, or energy to create the art that I want to. I loathe that the root of my problem is money. I owe a lot of it, and I'm only making enough to make ends meet... maybe a little more. I can't pay off my various debts, let alone pursue the kind of quality of life that I so desperately want.

I am lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment